Thursday, February 25, 2010

Asparagus and Prosciutto Wraps

We are approaching the last week of the weight loss competition and Derek and I have done really well. He was a great partner as I am sure I was, too! After all, I cooked all his meals. Some days I made him breakfast at home, lunch at the office and dinner at night! I am not saying "behind every man is a good woman" or anything... well, maybe I am! :)




We switched up our diet this last two weeks a bit. I can not say any more because one girl I work with may come look at my blog!

I have a cookbook and found a new side that is better tasting than I could possibly describe!

Have you ever used Prosciutto? I had seen it on cooking shows, but had never used it until I ran across it at the grocery store last week. You must try this recipe! This honestly could have been a whole meal. They were that tasty!

Asparagus and Prosciutto Wraps

1. Trim one bunch of asparagus spears and plunge them into a large saucepan of boiling salted water. Cook over a medium heat for 4-8 minutes, or until tender but still crunchy.
2. Drain and plunge into cold water. When they have cooled, drain once again and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 400.
4. Cut provalone cheese into 18 equal slices (the recipe called for mozzarella and I accidentally bought provalone, but it was so good, I am changing it!). Separate the prosciutto into 6 even piles and cut the butter into 12 even sized pats.
5. Take 3 asparagus spears and place them on 1 slice of prosciutto. Cut or tear cheese and lay a bit on top of the asparagus and put a small pat of butter on top. Wrap the prosciutto around the asparagus.
6.Repeat until you have used all the asparagus. If you have leftover prosciutto, wrap one with the extra. It will be good!
7. Lightly grease an oven dish with some butter and place the bundles on the pan. Cut or tear cheese and place across the spears and put another small pat of butter on top. Season with pepper and bake at the top of the oven for about 20 minutes.

You MUST try this if you like asparagus. It is a beautiful side for company. I can imagine it would be a great side with steak, although it worked for us with pork tenderloin!

Happy cooking.....Thanks for looking!! Wish me luck! I am almost there!!!!!

BEFORE

AFTER!

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Man, I just went to grocery store... oh well, next time:) I know it was good because you told me so. Love you and thanks for the recipe!

Stephanie said...

I love asparagus!!! These look SO good. I am a new follower and I can't wait to check out more recipes!

Wanda said...

Oh boy........delish. I'm printing this now! Thanks!!!

Sweet Cheeks said...

Those look amazing!

Jenny said...

Oh, these look amazing. My asparagus in the garden should be coming on soon. I am bookmarking this recipe.