Hopefully you can click the picture and see all the great veggies on the chicken!
Our favorite salad dressing is this Toasted Sesame Soy and Ginger. I hope you can find it and try it. It really is good. With only 40 calories per 2T serving, you can eat it without feeling guilty at all!
*Here is a pointer and something I like to do with dressing. I know lots of people say to get the salad dressing on the side at restaurants because you can better control how much you eat, but I also do it at home. I believe you will find that if you measure out 2T of salad dressing in a small cup like I did in the above picture, you will not use as much as you would if you poured it on. The lettuce stays crisp and I do not even eat the whole 2T when I dip it in the cup. This is just one of those small things you can do to save unnecessary calories.
Here is the recipe for anyone who wants to try it:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 (4.5 oz) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- 3 medium italian plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 oz (1/4 cup) shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- Spray broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Broil on sprayed pan until done at 170 degrees (I always use a thermometer with meat).
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook until garlic is tender.
- Add onion, chopped basil, tomatoes, vinegar and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook 30 to 45 seconds or until heathed throughout.
- Arrange chicken on plates and sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Top each serving with the mushroom mixture and remaining cheese on top.
I hope you will try this. It is really a healthy and filling meal with a salad.
**Dressing on the side!!
Happy cooking..thanks for looking!!