- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 Cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 & 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 & 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
*We had trouble finding the instant espresso coffee powder, so I used General Foods International Coffee Mocha instead.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy (approximately 30 seconds).
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract for another 30 seconds.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture at low speed for about 15 seconds.
- Stir in the espresso coffee powder and chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 ounce scoop or a 2 Tablespoon measure, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into a 2 inch circle.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned aroung the edges (bake a little longer for a crispier cookie).
Happy Cooking...thanks for Looking!