I know it has been a while, but I really have not tried many new recipes. We have been very busy lately.
I did try these cookies. I have had the recipe for a very long time in my email and wanted to add to my Homemade gifts some of us are exchanging this week. Four of the six Guinea Pigs in my house liked them alot and I will see what the other two think when they get here. They are easy and smell so good. Here is the recipe for anyone who is looking for a new chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Neiman Marcus Cookies
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 Cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 & 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 & 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
*We had trouble finding the instant espresso coffee powder, so I used General Foods International Coffee Mocha instead.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy (approximately 30 seconds).
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract for another 30 seconds.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture at low speed for about 15 seconds.
- Stir in the espresso coffee powder and chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 ounce scoop or a 2 Tablespoon measure, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into a 2 inch circle.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned aroung the edges (bake a little longer for a crispier cookie).
Happy Cooking...thanks for Looking!