Friday, February 5, 2010

Yo Crunch Knock-Off

I tried these new yogurts. Yo Crunch. They are a great sweet treat at only 100 calories. I thought they were a bit pricey, though. I am not a fan of the 100 calorie packaged items very often since it is just a measured and packaged version of the real deal and they charge you extra to measure it for you. I also have to mention that the cookie crumbs they give you with the cookies and cream yogurt can not be more than one cookie.
So....I decided to make a knock off version. I bought a container of vanilla yogurt and a bag of lowfat chocolate chip cookies. I used 1/2 cup of yogurt and crushed one cookie and put it on top. It was just over 140 calories, more yogurt, and very good. I figured the cost at around 64 cents per serving and there are 8 (1/2 C) servings in the yogurt container. Here was the good part for me: If I only use 8 cookies, that leaves the rest of the pack for the kids, which drives the cost of each yogurt down even lower! Win-Win!

Do you have any Knock-off ideas about food like this? If so, share please!!
Til next time!








4 comments:

Theresa said...

Yummy! I could eat the entire package. I am really hungry today. LUM

billypandnikkysmom said...

sounds good!!! thanks for the tip!!!

Kelly said...

I like to do the same thing with granola. And the cottage cheese containers with the fruit already mixed in. I make my own. No doubt you're paying for the convenience.

suzanne said...

Yummy! I will try this. I sooo agree about the 100-calorie snacks. I no longer fall for their tricks :0)