Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Crockpot Taco Soup AND Crockpot Gumbo

TACO SOUP
(picture from the website: crockpot365.blogspot.com)
I know there are alot of Taco Soup recipes going around and I am not sure what the variations are because this is the first one I have made and it was GOOD! I have some left today and need to either freeze it or eat it...hmmm...tough call! I cooked this one exactly as the recipe stated. We loved it. I would call it Taco Chili, though, instead of soup, which is probably why we loved it so much! We LOVE Chili!
Go to her website and check out her recipes. She is great. If you do, come back and tell me what you cook. As I cook, I will post. I dog-eared A LOT of her recipes!
How do you cook your Taco Soup? Just wondering what is different!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GUMBO
(picture from the website: crockpot365.blotspot.com)
I have made several recipes now from this cookbook Mom gave me for Christmas and I have not made one yet that we did not like! So..here is another one! The picture above came from the website, but that is exactly what mine looked like! Thanks, Stephanie, for another great recipe!



Here is the link, but first, one quick note:

Her recipe calls for several different sausages. We had trouble with that part, so I just used two packs of turkey smoked sausage and added creole seasoning, since they were not cajun flavored. It was really good.



Have a great day!

Happy Cooking...thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Never made a taco soup or chili. My sister makes a really good taco soup though. I'll try this recipe.

Cindy Lou said...

From all your bragging I am gonna have to try these...my family just aren't big soup eaters!! But maybe if I tell them that the recipe come from you they will try it!! haha!! Have a great day and thanks for sharing!! Love you!!