Thursday, January 13, 2011

I Have a Bone to Pick With Bisquick!

We are still at home. Kids are out of school today and will probably be out tomorrow, too. That is my guess anyway.
~~~~~~
In keeping with my previous post... here comes the food part! :)
My big kids are always complaining that we have no food and I am always responding with "We could live for a while on the food we have here." I was right. We have stuck our heads in the freezer and gone deep in the pantry to come up with some crazy meals, and eaten some food that needs to be eaten in the process.
~~~~~~
I decided to make breakfast for dinner last night. Everyone loves that and it reminds me of my Dad. He ALWAYS wanted my Mom to make him breakfast for dinner. :)
~~~~~~
We made cheese eggs, grits, fried hot dogs and BISCUITS.
I have a bone to pick with Bisquick. I have never been able to make biscuits. I have tried so many times and failed miserably. Do you wanna know why? BECAUSE THEIR DIRECTIONS ARE STUPID!!! There. I said it. I finally figured out why I have never made good biscuits. The directions state that you should roll the dough out to 1/2" thin and make 9 biscuits. If you roll the dough out to that thickness, it makes about 15 biscuits! We rolled the dough to about 1.5" and made 10 very large and beautiful biscuits! Yay me! The true test was when I cringed as I watched my Husband try to open one up for the syrup.... SCORE one for Tracy! It opened beautifully!
~~~~~~
They were really good. Don't get me wrong. They were not Aunt Cindy's Biscuits, but they were good!

So Bisquick...change the stupid recipe! 1/2" makes dumb crumbly biscuits!
~~~~~~

There....I said it. AND now I feel better!

~~~~~~
...........til next time.

7 comments:

Theresa said...

YUMMMMMY! I knew you could do it! We have eaten stuff that needs eating too, like the frozen green peas:) We have some new stuff now but it isn't a bad idea to eat what we have WAY back in the pantry! Love you bunches, see you in the Spring! MOM

Cindy Lou said...

Well that is a pretty good looking dinner...I love breakfast for dinner!! :)

You could make my kind of biscuits with just a little practice!! I am glad you have go that off your chest and feeling better about it!! :)

Enjoy your day!! Love you bunches!!

Kelly said...

Cindy's biscuits or not, those looked good!

billypandnikkysmom said...

Those Biscuits look GOOOOOOD!!! Why didn't you tell me you were having breakfast for dinner??? I would have been right over! HOpe you're enjoying your time at home with that beautiful family of yours!

REGINA said...

Great job !!!! Those are some good looking biscuits.I love me some biscuits.(don't need them)I haven't made biscuits in a long time nobody around here are big bread eaters.So, those in a bag in the frozen dept. are just as good and easy to me. Cindy's biscuits reminds me of MawMaw Howell's biscuits. Oh, such sweet memories :)

Joyce said...

That looks sooo good! We love breakfast for dinner too! Lauren calls it Brinner! Sometimes we need to say what ya feel, girlfriend! Now you need to tell Bisquick that! lol!

raveninthewolfden said...

Breakfast for dinner is always a good fix! Thanks for sharing. I just happen to stumble upon your blog and Im glad that I did.

=) have a gread day.

I'm following..