Thursday, May 13, 2010

Salami Pasta Salad

I love pasta salad! I got a new magazine by Taste of Home called "Great American Cookout" and it has a lot of great recipes in it. I found this pasta salad recipe and made it for Mother's Day/My Mom's Birthday and it was good!
Salami Pasta Salad
  • Three cups uncooked medium tube pasta (I used a 1 pound box of Rigatoni, more than three cups, but I like for the sauce to spread out and not take over)
  • 8 ounces hard salami, cubed
  • 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
  • 4 green onions, sliced
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup cider vinegar
  • 4 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
  • 4 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
  • **I added one diced tomato to this recipe. I thought it could use it and we liked it!

In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Transfer to a large bowl; add salami, parsley and onions (and tomatoes :).

In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar and seasonings. Drizzle over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, stir in Parmesan Cheese.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Cooking!~

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Cindy Lou said...

I will be trying this for our picnic this weekend!! Can't wait...looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Theresa said...

It was DElicious! Thanks for the recipe! Love you!

Kelly said...

Yum! I think I'll try that one this weekend too. I love pasta salad.

billypandnikkysmom said...

YUMMY!!!

Barbara said...

Oh that looks so good, hi my new friend, just dropping by to say hey, one Georgian to another, us Southern bells must stick together, giggles, Love the recipes you have here, and know right where you are too, we live about 12 miles north of Folkston, GA, deep south. Hugs my friend and do stop by and visit my one day, Barbara from
http://bakinnbitsbarbara.blogspot.com/